About the Firm
Originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan, Phillip Slot practiced law in Los Angeles, California representing some of the largest real estate developers in California. After practicing for a number of years, he returned to his home state of Michigan, practicing real estate law and specializing in representing substance abuse treatment facilities. In 2013, Phillip started his own law firm. Phillip has dedicated his practice to real estate and business transactions with a special focus representing small businesses. Phillip lives in Grand Rapids with his wife and two children. In his spare time he enjoys gardening and mountain biking.
We provide your small business with effective and practical legal solutions with direct access to your attorney because every small business deserves legal advice that is prompt, practical, and solution-oriented.
- Founded Slot Law Group in 2012 and practiced independently for ten (10) years.
- Practiced in Grand Rapids, Michigan with Kreis, Enderle, Hudgins & Borsos, P.C. representing health care facilities and assisting clients with real estate transactions and real estate litigation.
- Practiced in Los Angeles, California representing some of the largest real estate developers in California, and focusing in the areas of business and real estate litigation as well as land use law and environmental compliance, including extensive practice under the California Environmental Quality Act.
- Served as a judicial extern for Chief Judge Robert Bell of the Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D. (2007)
- Grand Valley State University, B.B.A. cum laude (2003)
- California (formerly)
- Illinois (formerly)